Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > How do I put a larger sd card in my maxi...
How do I put a larger sd card in my maxidas ds 708

2761 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2014-12-16 23:10:33

•   Level 4   
    (125) points
    mkarisson
    2014-12-02 03:24:30
     I want to upgrade to a larger sd card in my ds 708 anyone know how to do this 

•   Level 7   
    (885) points
    fware

2014-12-04 02:59:53 (Reply to:mkarisson)

see the other posts about replacement of the SD.

use search and you find what you need.
    But you have to read yourself.

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Carlos

2014-12-10 12:25:13 (Reply to:fware)

compra la sd de 16 marca sandix velocidad 4 y por la pc insertas la sd y descargas el softwuar en en servidor de autel tiene que estar registrado tu equipo al servidor de autel  si tienes actualisaciones gratis se puede sino tienaes que pagar para bagar el softwuar

•   Level 3   
    (57) points
    ToxicGumbo

2014-12-16 23:10:33 (Reply to:mkarisson)

Many people have made the card upgrade successfully. If you're having problems:

1) It's recommended to format the NEW card in Windows before copying data over to it from the old card

2) Though really any brand SD card should work, Autel suggests using the generic SanDisk SDHC cards (the blue ones work perfectly) since they're closer in design to what's shipped with the DS708. 

Make sure your DS708 is powered off, eject the card, plug it into a computer (Windows is ideal, but works with Macs and Linux too), and copy the contents to a folder on the desktop.  Safely eject that card, put in the newly formatted card, and copy the folder contents to that one.

That's really all there is to it.  Despite some aggressive protection Autel's put in place on the vehicle data, they thankfully didn't put any limits on the media or media size.

I believe the SD card can be named anything you want, by the way, but the default for me was something like "NO_NAME".  Ultimate, it gets mounted at a specific point and all that matters is that your files are stored on it in the same way as they were with the previous card so the main interface and diagnostics files can load.

-Jeff
  Total1 Pages